Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeling unemployable :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompsonk83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling unemployable :(
    Posted: 29 May 2011 at 17:42
Hi,

I am after some advice, its a long story so I apologise.

Back in august an incident happened with a nurse from another ward, I was a little rude so rang and apologised. I thought this was the end of the matter until a month later when I was called to a meeting. A case file was made, the investigating officer (who is supposed to be impartial) was not impartial as I had worked with her before. Allegations were made and the nurses statement was submitted along with mine and a HCA from my ward. The witness statement did not back up anything that was in the nurses statement who was making the allegations. Despite this I was issued with a final written warning. This seemed harsh considering they had no proof of the allegations.

I have now received a letter stating similar allegations. I do not know what they are on about and cannot think of an incident that has occurred. I have since went on the sick and handed my notice in. They can apparently continue disciplinary proceedings without me once I have left the trust, they cannot continue such proceedings while I am on the sick.

My questions are:

Can they fire me while on the sick and do so without following disciplinary procedures?

Can they say they have dismissed me even after I have resigned?

Can I seek legal advice to get the previous final written warning overturned?

Will I be employable?

Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic