Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Newly Qualified Nurses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding work for newly qualified nurses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snowbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding work for newly qualified nurses
    Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 20:01

Hi.  Just wondering if any of you newly qualifed nurses found it difficult to find a job.  At my Uni, out of 100 (approx) students just qualified, only 42 got jobs, that is worrying don't you think?  This is in all branches by the way, Adult, Mental health, Child and Learning Disabilities.  I know it is a bad time job wise for everyone in all occupations, but it is so disheartning.  Anyone been lucky enough to get work or is everyone in the same boat?

JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 14:30
Hi Snowbelle,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are facing getting a job post graduation. Have you signed up to the JFN Nursing Jobs Board?

There are lots of great features including a Job Search Agent that will email you when any jobs that match your chosen criteria are posted to the site. Make sure you post your CV so that employers can find your details easily.

Good luck!
melscott55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melscott55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 16:22
there are a lot of redundancies and job freezes at the moment but who knows it may change.
NSP123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NSP123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 10:59
Hi , if anybody is interested in a short exciting project at a competitive pay-rate have a look at my post!
Hussein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 22:47
Hi, it is really a hard time for every thing and every side fron this life, but beleave me it will be beter, dont wory take it easy,
good luck
Hussein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic