Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > General Nursing Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Male Nurses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male Nurses
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 15:18
Hi
I’m looking for the general out of work life experiences of other male nurses.
I’m a 34 year old male nurse, working within paediatrics for 10+ years.
I have been single for some time now. I have a group of close friends, who are non-medical. They work 9-5 Mon- Fri. They mean a lot to me. I enjoy spending time with them, mainly on weekends when I’m not working. However, they are all dating/ engaged to partners/ married etc.
My other friends mainly consist of ex and current colleagues. Again, who are all with partners, married, with families etc. But enjoy catch ups, eating out and nights out when we can.
I am also very close with my family but only probably see them once a month.
I enjoy keeping fit, going to the gym, going out walking when I can, reading and cooking.
What I want to know is
- Are they any other single male nurses in the same situation?
- What do you do with your days off in the middle of the week?
- What are your hobbies?
- How do you feel being single?
- Do you ever feel lonely?

Thanks in advance for your answers/ experiences

Bryn

JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 03:20

Hi Bryn,

I’m wondering whether the questions you have asked are in the right order?

At 34 years old it seems that you may be at a point where you are considering that your opportunity to settle down with a partner and maybe have a family is becoming more of an issue. So… are you feeling lonely and unhappy to be single at this time of your life?

You don’t say how you like keeping fit, but I get the impression that all the activities you enjoy, that aren’t with your existing friends, are ones that don’t necessarily involve other people. Dating apps can be a way of meeting new like-minded people with shared interests and opportunities – who you normally wouldn’t cross paths with.

Without knowing more specific details about you and your specific circumstances it would be possible to make lots of unhelpful suggestions.

One thing you could try is a search in Google like “social activities for 30 somethings” – without the quotation marks. You might be surprised at how many people have the same thoughts. Certainly not restricted to male Nurses.

If you have any other questions, or you find some of the answers you are looking for, please post again.

Good luck,

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic