Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singled out by Surgeon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singled out by Surgeon
    Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 15:18

Hi all,

I work in theatres and each week on a monday i work with the same surgeon. Over the past few weeks that i have been working for him he appears to be singling me out by making up procedures which I MUST follow and noone else that works with him has to.

I am hesitant to raise this with my line manager as i dont believe it will ever get dealt with. I had worked for this surgeon prviously and it is only since i returned to work from maternity leave that he has been treating me differently from everyone else.

Does anyone know what rights i have to get this situation fixed and how i can go about it. I dont feel that my line manager will do anything about it if i raise my concerns to her.

Many thanks.

melscott55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melscott55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 14:27
you can talk to your line manager and see if they can help or move you to a different theatre or better still talk to the surgeon. stand up to him and find out why he is being like this.
MoJo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoJo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 11:37
Hi CG,

If this continues to be a problem I would advise you to start keeping a diary of incidents that you feel are inappropriately. If you decide to take things further then this type of documentation will help you. Is there another nurse working in the same area who ou can talk this over with? Have you tried discussing it with a union rep to see if they can offer support and access to someone who can objectively look at the situation and advise you if you of more options.

Let us know how things are going.

Mojo Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic