Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Introductions/Where in the World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is everyone from

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 20:11

Bonjour !

I'm Marion, I'm a French nurse.
I work and live in Paris, France.
I started working in a paediatric ICU in January and, God, it's a tough job! But I wouldn't change it for the world.
I would really enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas about nursing.
Nurses are underpaid and looked down on, in France (or so I feel).
I plan on working in the UK in a few years, would you people recommend it?
Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Au revoir !

angelae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 21:39
Hi all
I'm Angela. I'm from Kent, but trained at Kings College Hosp, London 20+yrs ago.
I have worked in private Occupational Health, mostly in manufacturing companies for the last 12yrs. Would NEVER go back to ward based nursing now. Thoroughly enjoy my role and really enjoy the responsibility etc. A very different area of practice for anyone who fancies a challenge!
bithbheo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bithbheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 06:56
Hi All I am Chris and I am down under in Australia and work as a nurse in a drug and Alcohol unit at the moment.....have just applied to get the paperwork to apply for registration in the UK as we hope to head home next year to Scotland....so am hoping to get lots of useful tips from everyone on here...Smile
jsmile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 06:41
Hi,
I also have been a nurse for 31yrs,and mainly have worked in the medical side.I am also working in a community hospital in Devon UK.Would love to be able to exchange what the differences between your community hospital and where I work(Im sure there a lot of differences!!Shocked)
jsmile
han86nah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote han86nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:05
Hi I am hannah. I qualify as a children's nurse in August and desparate to find a job.  I live on the Wirral in the UK at the moment, but looking for any opportunities for experience here or abroad.  Any tips for the qualified life??
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 14:16
Hi everybody, im allan.

I am a 3rd year student nurse from scotland. Nice to meet you all.

Cheers
setlisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setlisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 19:42
Hi all, i am from st.lucia in the westindiesBig%20smileand have done nursing for over 20years in england.l was ward based for many years ,iam currently doing secondment in the community,. mental health older adults for 3 months).i am applying for the permanent post as i have always wanted to do that particular job. i love working with the older adults (their memories,strong willed clients).please help me is there anyone out there who has experience working in the community,or know the type of questions they may ask me in the interview.please helpppppppppppppppppp.Any advise would be appreciated.

setlisi x
IMFD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMFD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 13:35
Hello,

I am working in Sudan at the moment as a PHC manager with the Red Cross.  I have been working in health for over 30 years, the last 10 being in conflict or post conflict situations. 

I am thinking about hanging up my travelling shoes but am too young to retire...........Will probably be looking at returning to Health visiting in Northern Ireland.  If any one has any advice it will be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand if any one wants to ask me questions about Humanitarian work, let me know.

Cheers
Frances
elgranero5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgranero5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 20:01
Hi my name is Sharon and I Live and work in England. I am working in a local GP practice as a Nurse Practitioner at present. Having around 20 yrs in the NHS. I have a varied nursing background. Including working at St James University teaching hospital for a time as a Sister of the Day ward/unit. Educated to a Masters level, with a BSc (hons) and many diplomas too,.LOL  Nice to hear from others around the world...:-)
bwfcwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwfcwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 22:29
hi, i'm sharon, qualified in 2006 aged 49..... mid life crisis i think!!!! currently working in liverpool in community nursing, hospital never really appealed to me, love my job but HATE the politics that go with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic