Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midwifery to Secretary to Nursing?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bruby15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruby15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwifery to Secretary to Nursing?!
    Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 16:53
Sorry i cannot be of any help, I hope you found your way by now. I was intrigued about the legal secretary job as I was seriously considering that at the moment... What was it that you hated about it?
kursttie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kursttie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 20:29

Hi everyone!!

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my message. At the moment I'm a very confused and very upset girl who really needs some advise.

My story is a little long so I'll try and keep it short.

I went to Greenwich University about 2 years ago to study to be a Midwife, I enjoyed to to an extent but I didn't feel like my heart was in it. I ended up failing my first year and had to leave. I was upset but I think I was more upset about leave my friends and Uni then the actual course itself. When I failed all I could think about was doing Childrens Nursing.

I have been at a private college studying to be a Legal Secretary and have had a job as a Legal Secretary for just under a year. I hate my job as a Secretary and all I can think about it Childrens Nursing.

I want to get the necessay expereince so i would like to know if anyone knows of anyone I could speak to in my area to get work experience or maybe getting work in a ward? As I don't want to go back to Uni without making absolutley sure that this is what I want to do.

Also my dad has paid for my Secretary course, which cost a bomb as the college is private. I will obviously finish the Secretary course before I think about going to Uni; as at least I have a qualification if I ever need it in an emergency. But I feel awful for my dad who has paid out all the money for my private course.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been thinking about this constantly and it's really starting to upset me.

Sorry for the little essay; I appreciate any help or advise you can give me.

Thanks,

Kirsty.
x

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic