Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Band 6 interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Band 6 interview
    Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 00:45
Hi Cazzyeyes,

15 Steps to interview preparation. There are a few variations going around and not everyone will be familiar with this. What 15 steps are you using?

Nigel
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 00:42
Hi Cazzyeyes,

Welcome to JFN Forums

For those Nurses who have not yet familiarised themselves with the 6Cs they are:
"Care, courage, competency, compassion, communication and commitment"

In an interview you should always make sure that you can reel these off without having to think about them so practicing this can be valuable.

It would possibly be worth thinking about scenarios where communication skills could be strengthened where you have patients who are likely to have visual impairment and compassion because of fears about their prognosis.

In terms of training support are there any specific courses or training that you would be looking to help you develop your skills - Do you have any specific interests in Ophthalmology?

Once you have had your interview it would be interesting to hear what you got asked!!

Nigel

Cazzyeyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzyeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 17:08
HI, I am seconded into a band 6 role in ophthalmology outpatients, and have to do a presentation for the interview for the role permanently.

Can anyone advise me on meeting the topic set for me. "discuss my role in delivering high quality care in ophthalmology out patients"

I'm currently thinking on the lines of the 6 C's, the 15 steps etc. I will also touch on my additional role as infection control link nurse, and supporting my band 7 by helping with complaints, rostering etc.

Also will touch on my need for support in training (originally an EN(G), so need mentorship, and management training.

Does this sound about right, or what else do I need to include?

Thanks in advance for any advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic