Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Newly Qualified Nurses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portfolio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Coffin Dodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portfolio
    Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 06:09

Your portfolio should contain evidence of your achievements in theory and practice  during your programme. This can include copies of your assessment of practice documents from your placements (they will have feedback from your mentors) and copies of your assignment feedback sheets (these will have your academic grades and feedback from your lecturers/examiners), any certificates of attendance for training that you have completed. If you are encouraged to keep a reflective diary then extracts from this can be included to demonstrate your learning by reflecting on your practice. If you are encouraged to develop learning contracts then these can be included in your portfolio, especially if they demonstrate integration of theory with practice. You can also include previous employment history if relevant, such as working in care, and your plans for future career development.  Hope that helps.

gemzlane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemzlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 00:52
Im about to qualify as an adult nurse in October, I understand that I have to produce a portfolio in the hope that I may be fortunate enought to attend some interviews (fingers crossed). However, throughout training my profficiency protfolio has been a bit of a mishap and not my strongest area. Does anybody have any advice, guidance or websites I could visit to help me compile a knock 'em dead portfolio? Im not sure wether or not we will be having any sessions on this in uni (havn't so far), so any advice would be helpful!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic