Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > General Nursing Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Band 6 interview tips??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
garsideamy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsideamy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Band 6 interview tips??
    Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 09:14
For a band 6 I would ask clinical governance issues such as dealing with complaints, untowards incidents and staff competency issues such as actions in the case of concerns with ability. 

I would also ask clinical scenarios "what if" that sort of thing.

Think about infection control issues, 

Developmental plans - what would you like to see if you are successful, what changes would you make. Have a bit of knowledge about change management theory as well just in case.

Local and national government initiatives are there any specific targets that affect your area, how will you help to achieve them

How could you deal with staff morale issues, motivate, encourage your staff

What type of leader are you, look up clinical leadership and have a read
fonenurse-uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonenurse-uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 11:32
It's odd that there is no job spec. I guess some of the things that might come up are latest initiatives in the specialty and from the DH generally, clinical governance or targets, performance management etc.  Also does this job have a KSF profile? If so, then you may get asked questions about how you meet these competencies and areas you might need development in...

Sorry, my response is quite generic because without knowing the specialty or the job it's hard - but I guess leadership in general is something thast might come up because it differs from band 5 jobs in that respect...
albroadhurst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albroadhurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 20:59
Hi,
I am about to be interviewed for a band 6 position on the ward where I work. As there is no job spec I am a little unsure of what may come up. Has anyone any tips or advice for me?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic