Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

getting a job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting a job
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:46
Im trying to get employment within the NHS with no luck. I qualified last september and was wondering if any one knew of anything i could do to try and gain some experience. As at interviews i am being told i have lack of experience even for newly qualified posts. I want to make my chances better but dont know how
divodancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divodancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 16:21
Have you looked at doing 'bank' shifts or agency - many hospitals now appear to use NHS Professionals (it gets your face known should anything permanant come up) - it will give you practical experience AND money......

I know it doesn't help but I qualifed 2 years ago & the job situation was lousy then, I had to move counties to get a job...............

Stay positive & good luck
melscott55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melscott55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 12:33
sorry to hear you have not been lucky. unfortunately, there is a recruitment freeze on following lots of redundancies and this looks to continue for the foreseeable future. keep trying, you will get a job soon but maybe you could do some agency shifts to keep up to date with skills etc or even as a hca. there are a lot of jobs been advertised at the mo so good luck
g28golf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g28golf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 12:59
Are you still seeking employment?Star
helmemarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 20:33
I managed to get work on the bank as a clinical support worker at my trust but no employment as a nurse and looking very unlikely to ever happen without the experience according to people i have talked to so given up and am gonna think about my adult training in a few years. Have recently found out it was not only me from my year at uni who didn;t get a job others couldn't either 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic