Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > General Nursing Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hiring a private nurse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hiring a private nurse
    Posted: 01 May 2015 at 17:35
Hello all, I've just joined this forum, I am not a nurse but a patient in need of a nurse.

I have MS and restricted mobility. There is a good chance that at some point in the not too distant future I will need to travel by air and will require assistance from departure to arrival. I am planning on only travelling only one way, however obviously any travel costs including airfare will be covered by me both ways for the person I travel with.

Can anybody advise me how I can go about finding such a person? I don't think I need a qualified nurse but a nurses aid or somebody accustomed to working with people with disabilities would be best.

Any assistance and advice much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Devore
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 20:48
Hi Devore,

I would suggest contacting Nursing Agencies to find a companion for your journey with the reassurance that they have been stringently checked in order for them to be able to competently provide the help you need.

You can find contact details for Nursing Agencies across the UK on the Nursing Agencies List www.nursing-agencies-list.com

Kind regards,

Nigel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic