Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want to be a paediatric nurse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demiholtxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to be a paediatric nurse
    Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 16:48
Hi my name is Demi I'm 14 and I want to become a paediatric nurse. My work experience is coming up in September and I have to find a placement this week any advice on what will help me would be great as I want to do something that will help me become a nurse in the future.
vikris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 19:34
Hi
What a wonderful decision! So did you contacted your local hospital yet? Not sure in post what kind advice or information you would like . Do you want to have work placement and not sure were to start? If yes then you need to ring their communication department whom will advice you what to do. You need to find you nearest children's hospital on line and normally there will be number to contact us and wards. There will be descriptions of the wards you need to pick one or few depends what you interesting; neonatal, surgical, medical ward.... It will have ward contact numbers and emails of ward manager and you could email or contact on phone. They may ask you to write letter or something why do you want to be nurse? Or why you thinking to choose paediatric nursing?
I also was advising another young friend and found this quiz was very beneficial; http://nursing.nhscareers.nhs.uk/careers/personality_quiz
Also good website about the nursing or medical career choices and qualifications different nursing pathways.
Hope that helps !
Good luck !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic