Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

interview help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inastrangenewworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interview help please
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 15:18
I am a band 5 childrens nurse going for my first band 6 role. I need to do a 10 minute presentation on an aspect important to the role and the challenges. I have chosen leadership and got about 5 slides and now have a mental block.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thank you.
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 23:51
Hi inastrangeworld!

As a band 6 your perspective will change from doing, to greater understanding, explaining, delegating to the band 5s and below. You would be expected to take on a specialty area of knowledge and responsibility, as well as motivating educational and professional development in your team.

You are going to be expected to be aware of current professional developments in Nursing and paediatric/child nursing specifically.

You would be expected to have a more comprehensive and in-depth understanding of child development - and use this to ensure that children maintained their ability to meet their developmental milestones despite spending time on your unit.

Other things you might consider for ideas:
  • How the unit needs to be managed to allow time for educational activities

• Strategies for including children with physical limitations within ward-based activities 

• Ways to help children still meet their developmental milestones despite chronic illness and long term hospitalisation

• The role of communication channels in ensuring that parents can receive clear information when they are feeling stressed with a sick child

• Understanding the need to make the unit a less scary experience for parents and children

• Safe guarding issues relating to children and/or parents with learning difficulty

Edited by JFN Admin - 04 Jan 2018 at 00:33
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic