Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nursing or Degree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nursing or Degree
    Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 22:16
I have a place to do mental health nursing but im not sure if i should do a degree in psychology first or after as i may want to become more than a nurse later on in life. I need so advise please!!!
emily
Coffin Dodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 18:39
If you do mental health nursing first you could do a post-graduate psychology degree later in a specific clinical subject that relates to an area of mental health practice that you would like to work in.

If you do a psychology degree first this would presumably be a general degree and not specific to health care, let alone mental health; I am not sure how you could use a general psychology degree later in a specific area of practice. I think you would need to study for a post-graduate degree specific to mental health later on. The mental health teaching team at the university will be able to advise you.  
elawrence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 19:12
thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic