Get 25% off the Oxford Handbook for Nursing Series - Go to the OUP website now!
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

qualifications needed to become a nurse??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wee.seanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: qualifications needed to become a nurse??
    Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 20:46
hello everybody!

my name is sean and i am really interested in becoming a male nurse i was just wondering if any of you lovely people would know what qualifications are needed and any other info would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!
wee seanie
MoJo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoJo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 12:35
Hi,

It used to be that NMAS looked after admissions to Nursing courses in the UK but now it has reverted to UCAS. You can either enter at Diploma or Degree level but I'm not sure of the specific requirements.

This is a link (what a link!) to their nursing course list by course type

Also here is a link to Career information about nursing and training through the NHS.

Good luck! Thumbs%20Up

melscott55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melscott55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 12:26
sean, have a look at pronurse, they have loads of articles relating to this. hope it helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic