Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Nursing Activists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topcat42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recovery
    Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 18:49

Hi to all.

I'm new to doing this, but just wondered if there is anyone out there working in Older Peoples Mental Health and doing any specific work related to the Recovery Model? I piloted a group a little while ago called "My Recovery Plan", which looked at how the person makes their journey of recovery and identifies areas where they needed help and what they could do as individuals. The group was run by the clients who had limited contact with the service. It ran for 7 weeks and I was helped by an STR Worker to co-facilitate the group. I really enjoyed sharing personal experiences with people and how much they relied on professionals to make decisions for them, because they didn't feel able to say to others what they were able to do when well and how they wanted support in times of becoming unwell.

Phew!! If anyone has done anything else out there would really enjoy talking more.

Theresa RMN

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic