Get 25% off the Oxford Handbook for Nursing Series - Go to the OUP website now!
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Nursing Humour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Research

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freight Books Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Research
    Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 15:45
Hello,

My name is Robbie and I'm currently doing research for a book of humorous stories collected from Nurses and Doctors in the NHS, in an attempt to show both the amount of hard work you do and the stories that make you giggle when you get home.

I'd love to hear any stories you have of patients where you have gone home and not quite believe that what happened did actually happen, of things that get you in stitches in the staff room, that help you to carry on through thick and thin and shoulder the huge burden that you do.

My aim is to create a book that the general public will laugh with you, and help them to come to the understanding that you guys are doing a seriously difficult job, under a huge amount of strain, and manage to do it really well.

The inspiration for this came from a friend of mine who is a nurse, and recently moved to a city in the south and said she simply couldn't understand the suspicion and loathing that she was feeling from patients and their families. We talked about how something could be made to perhaps mollify them a bit, and came up with this. I work for a publishers, and took the idea to my boss, whose wife is a doctor in the nhs and he loved it, so we are going ahead.

I want to make it clear that anything you submit will be anonymous, and no fact checking will be done, so if you make anything up or embellish that is fine, just make it fairly believable.

To preserve this anonymity, I have created a gmail account where you can email things to me (rguillory@freightdesign.co.uk). It is:

anonymousnhsworker@gmail.com.

and the password is: bloodyhardwork

If you sign in to this account and send me your story, I won't have a clue who you are, unless you want me to know.

I hope you like the sound of this idea, if not I'd love to have your feedback, but please keep it civil!

R.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic