Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Returning to nursing in UK after 2 years abroad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Returning to nursing in UK after 2 years abroad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning to nursing in UK after 2 years abroad
    Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 11:55

I am  a 57 year old British nurse with 13 years experience in adult nursing, formally medical/palliative care and latterly as a Practice Nurse for 3 years before coming to Egypt 2 years ago. I have been working here for a private employer and on a voluntary basis helping and educating  the local underprivileged people.

I am now returning to the UK where I want to continue my nursing career. Has anyone any advice the best way to approach finding a job and will my 2 years working here in Egypt be recognised by future employers?
Elaine
and9_2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote and9_2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:17
Hi Elaine

Have you tried a reputable nursing agency?

I know someone who has used a nursing agency for years, and it's kept her in work constantly. She moves around the country a lot so it's ideal for her.

[Link to specific agency removed - Admin]

The Nursing Agencies List provides an easily searchable online directory of all the Nursing Agencies in the UK - www.nursing-agencies-list.com.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Edited by JFN Admin - 03 Jun 2011 at 12:00
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic