Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Student Nurse needs help for Interview for essay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Nurse needs help for Interview for essay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Nurse needs help for Interview for essay
    Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 16:32
Hi,

I am wondering if a qualified Nurse, who is currently working in the uk for the NHS can help me with my transcript essay.
I have been asked to find a qualified Nurse and ask 6 questions, i then have to write up the interview in a transcript trype format, the interview style questions are:

·         Do you enjoy your role as a Nurse?

·         Have things changed in the NHS since you first qualified?

·         What types of things have changed?

·         Can you climb the career ladder to another band if you work hard?

·         Do you get on well with your team?

·         What are your daily main duties as a Nurse, and would you change anything?

I am currently in my first year studying the Bsc Adult Nurse degree

Thank you for taking your time to read my topic, i know Nurses are busy people, and the questions seem long winded, but any help even small will be very much apprechaited.

Thanks for your time.

Sue ( Cant wait to Qualify) ughhhhh

JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 19:04
Originally posted by suej suej wrote:

·         Do you enjoy your role as a Nurse?

·         Have things changed in the NHS since you first qualified?

·         What types of things have changed?

·         Can you climb the career ladder to another band if you work hard?

·         Do you get on well with your team?

·         What are your daily main duties as a Nurse, and would you change anything?

Hi Sue,

It's not clear from your request whether you need to interview someone directly i.e. on the phone or whether an email response would do.

Does it matter which type of Nurse you interview?

Also something to bear in mind for future work is question style - The closed question style you have used means each of the questions can be answered simply 'Yes' or 'No'. An example of an open question style could be:

"What do you find are the positives and negatives of your role as a Nurse?"

I hope this helps Smile

Nigel
suej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:19

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am looking for a Adult nurse who qualified over five years ago, and has experience of working within the NHS, to help me with an interview for a essay I am doing on Modern Day Nursing.

Questions answered will be confidential and if possible replies via e-mail, please. I have re-formatted my questions:

1. What do you enjoy about your role as a Adult Nurse?
  2. What things have changed in the NHS since you first qualified and how do these changes affect your working life?
  3. What are your daily main duties as a Adult Nurse, and would you change anything?
  4. Have the patient/Nurse, Doctor/Nurse relationships have changed since you first qualified?
  5. How have you found the changes in management structure and targets, affected working practices, since starting your career?

Thank you in advance,

Sue
Student, 1st year.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic