Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

total career change into nursing at 27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loulou01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: total career change into nursing at 27
    Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 21:49
Hi everyone im new to this site, im just looking for some advice or hear some of your experiences which might help me decide what to do. So im 27 years old and ive always wanted to work within health & social care, i did start the ball rolling when i was 19 and went back to college but after 1 yr i didnt go back as i started looking for a house etc with my partner and needed to work full time (i work in a bank), anyway i really feel like i need to do something now so im looking at doing an access to HE course via distance learning anyone? once ive completed that and my Math gcse i should hopefully be able to get into uni, i have a 2 yr old son and a mortgage to pay, how did people cope on burseries etc?? what kinds of payments are avail? ive worked out approx £5k per yr but not sure..? sorry to sound so general im just 10% still not sure / scared to take such big step and need advice from people who know.
thanks Confused

Edited by JFN Admin - 04 Sep 2012 at 01:12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic