20% Discount from
Healthcare Conferences UK
Just for Nurses has teamed up with Healthcare Conferences UK to give you 20% off of their complete range of healthcare courses.
Healthcare Conferences UK organises and produces high quality healthcare conferences, masterclasses and exhibitions with a specialist interest in a medical and clinical audience. Our events support knowledge sharing, continued professional development and take a practical approach to learning through case study based best practice.
- The Mental Capacity Act and Advance Decisions - 2nd July 2013 | London
- Nursing Staffing Levels and Skillmix - 2nd July 2013 | Manchester
- Recognising and Responding to the Deteriorating Patient - 3rd July 2013 | Manchester
- Masterclass: Getting Published - 3rd July 2012 | London
Tuesday 2 July 2013, London
Facilitated By Kate Hill, Solicitor and Senior Trainer, InPractice/Radcliffes Le Brasseur Solicitors
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 codified several areas of common law and brought in some fundamental changes to the law surrounding those who lack capacity. This course will explore the rationale behind the Mental Capacity Act 2005, the major changes since the act was introduced and how the MCA interacts with the Mental Health Act.
One of the major impacts of the legislation is the duty of staff to encourage dialogue with patients about their wishes concerning future treatment. Staff have to be able to provide support and advice to patients who wish to make an advance decision or statement.
Delegates will have the opportunity to raise issues and concerns specific to their own organisation. The course will be run by a practicing healthcare lawyer.
Download the full brochure and book online from the following link:The Mental Capacity Act and Advance Decisions >>>
Tuesday 2 July 2013, Manchester
This conference focuses on getting staffing right for patient safety and high quality patient care. Topics will include:
- Nursing Staffing Levels and Skillmix
- Nurse staffing levels, quality and patient safety: implementing the recommendation on nurse staffing and skillmix from the - Nursing and Care Forum
- Planning nursing staffing
- Increasing Nurse to Patient Ratios: What to do next? Putting forward a case for safe and effective nursing staffing and skillmix to the board
- Ensuring and assessing effective skill mix
- Reviewing nursing staffing and skillmix in your service:
- Case study: Safe staffing for older peoples wards
- Case study: Community and practice nursing
- Case study: Calculating safe and effective nursing staffing levels
- Managing staffing and staffing budgets
- Developing the future nursing workforce
Download the full brochure and book online from the following link:Nursing Staffing Levels and Skillmix >>>
Wednesday 3 July 2013, Manchester
'Recognising and responding to the deteriorating patient - if its not the number one priority for your organisation it should be'. Dr Jane Eddlestone speaking at our Deteriorating Patient Conference Jan 2013
Prof Derek Bell, Member of the National Early Warning Score Development Group said 'this is a hugely unique opportunity for the NHS to lead the way internationally as the first country to have a national standardised scoring system” Jan 2013
This one day conference will focus on recognising and responding to the deteriorating patient including implementing the new National Early Warning Score (NEWS), improving the reliability of patient observations and ensuring quality of care to reduce failure to rescue of acutely ill patients on the wards.
Download the full brochure and book online from the following link:Recognising and Responding to the Deteriorating Patient >>>
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, London
The day examines the processes behind selection of articles for publication in medical journals and how to write articles that are attractive to journal editors.
Getting an article published in the medical literature is not an easy undertaking. The pathway to publication nirvana is laced with pitfalls and odd conventions. This programme provides an elementary course of tutorial-type sessions designed to introduce delegates to the world of research publication. It examines the “need” for publication, the types of publication that can be submitted and tries to identify whether the delegates are ready to publish work and, if so, how to go about this successfully.
Download the full brochure and book online from the following link:Masterclass: Getting Published>>>